By Rachel de Thample, taken from her brilliant cookery book Less Meat More Veg. Everyone interested in eating healthily and enviromentally wisely should have this book. Buy the book on Amazon here.
1 and a half ripe avocados
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons honey
1-2 tablespoons cold water
half a pinch of cinnamon
1. Scoop the avocado flesh out and place it in a food processor or food mixer.
2. Throw in the honey, cocoa powder, water and cinnamon. Blend until combined. Personally I didn't bother to make mine very smooth as I don't have a blender and prefer the rustic look.
3. When smooth enough, taste the mixture and add more cocoa, water and/or honey if you think necessary.
4. Spoon the mousse into 2 glasses or cups, and then chill for an hour.
5. When ready to eat, serve with blueberries or other berries.
This mousse was idly made while listening to The Food Programme on BBC Radio 4.